The LA-P clipper/de-awner for laboratory use is designed for continuous flow (or batch) pre-treatment of various grain types; the purpose of the de-awning operation is to remove awns from barley kernels, loose husks from wheat, and to clip oat kernels.
The clipper/de-awner can be used where heavy de-awning is required but also for products where only a light de-awning is needed as the degree of de-awning depends on the length of time the material stays in the de-awner housing.
First and foremost, the agitating scouring action of the LA-P takes place when the kernels rub against eachother being influenced by the rotating movements of the shaft. Secondly, this is achieved when the kernels touch the beaters.
The LA-P comes complete with feeder, hopper and spring loaded outlet and may be used either continuously or in batches. Clipper effect and capacity can be easily adjusted
- All steel construction
- Worktable of convenient height made of formed steel sheet with table surface of laminated hard plastic
- Collecting bins of steel sheet with white powder coating to ensure a non-static surface
- Inlet hopper and housing with adjustable inclination as well as rotor with beaters made of hardened steel ensuring a very efficient de-awning function on a wide range of products
- Spring loaded outlet valve with scale to increase or decrease the flow-time through the machine and thus the degree of de-awning
- Electrical controls for easy connection into your 240 volt outlet; autotransformer for 110 V also available
- Easy clean-down when changing from one product to another
- Low maintenance costs and one-year parts warranty
- Net Weight 106 lbs.
- Drive motor with frequency converter
- Larger motor
- Auto-transformer for 110 V/60 Hz